Table Charlotte- Recipes for the Week
|Recipe: Spicy Korean Beef & Cucumber Appetizers|
|Cucumber slices topped with beef strip steak|
|Published Thursday, February 6, 2020 10:00 pm|
|COURTESY | BEEF. IT'S WHAT'S FOR DINNER.|
|Spicy Korean Beef & Cucumber Appetizers are packed with protein and vitamins B12 and B6.|
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, and vitamin B12; and a good source of vitamin B6, zinc, and selenium. Nutrition information per serving: 122 calories; 44.1 calories from fat; 4.9g total fat (2.3 g saturated fat; 0.15 g trans fat; 0.2 g polyunsaturated fat; 1.8 g monounsaturated fat;) 37.4 mg cholesterol; 224.4 mg sodium; 7.7 g total carbohydrate; 0.8 g dietary fiber; 11.8 g protein; 1.4 mg Iron; 212 mg potassium; 4.1 mg Niacin; 0.3 mg vitamin B6; 1.6 mcg vitamin B12; 1.6 mg zinc; 9.7 mcg selenium; 27 mg choline.
• 2 beef strip steaks boneless, 1 inch thick (about 1 pound)
• 1/2 cup reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
• 1/4 cup sliced green onions
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
• 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
• 1 seedless cucumber, sliced 1/8-inch thick (18 to 24 slices)
• 1/4 cup Korean red chili sauce (Gochujang)
• 1/4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• Micro greens, chopped kimchi, chopped roasted peanuts, toasted sesame seeds, shredded carrots, chopped cilantro, sliced scallions
1. Combine cream cheese, green onion, cilantro and soy sauce in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
2. Combine gochujang, vinegar, honey and garlic powder in medium bowl; set aside.
3. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered 11 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 11 to 15 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Remove steaks; keep warm.
4. To assemble, top each cucumber slice with 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture. Dice steak into bite-size pieces; toss in gochujang mixture. Top cream cheese mixture with steak.
Garnish with micro greens, kimchi, peanuts, sesame seeds, cilantro and scallions, if desired.
On the Net:
Send this page to a friend