Local & State
|Garinger Education Foundation honors students' achievement|
|Scholarships for 11 postsecondary graduates|
|Published Friday, April 13, 2018 11:24 pm|
The Garinger Education Foundation will honor 11 graduating collegians at a celebration at Plaza Presbyterian Church at 6 p.m. The students earned scholarships from the foundation based on their academic achievement.
The foundation and Central Piedmont Community College partnered for the scholarships of up to $2,000 to attend CPCC based on academic accomplishments. The foundation offers 12 scholarships, renewable for up to four to any school to selected applicants based on the student’s academic achievement.
The recipients and their schools:
- Roma Bustillios, Rosario Del Cid, Quyen Kpuih, and Yeibin Sanchez (Central Piedmont Community College);
- Lupita Fernandez (Catawba College);
Asante Jones and Hydeia Wilfong (N.C. Central University);
- Ariana Mitchem and Alicia Robinson (Winston-Salem State University);
- Daria Smith (Johnson & Wales University);
- Georgina Smith (The Paul Mitchell School).
For information on the foundation, contact Jack Brayboy at email@example.com or (704) 978-9333.
Send this page to a friend