Life and Religion
|Quick ways for students to make cash during the winter break|
|From ride shares to babysitting, options abound|
|Published Thursday, November 23, 2017 5:50 pm|
|Winthrop University senior mass communication major Brianna Temple used Poshmark over breaks during school to make quick cash. She sold her senior prom dress using the outlet.|
If you’re a student, there are ways to earn money over the holidays. These are only a few ways to make cash; there are many more options that you can choose from.
• Ride share service: Becoming a driver allows you to be your own boss, set your own hours, and earn a decent amount of money—all in the comfort of your own vehicle.
Online surveys: Pinecone and Survey Junkie are just a few survey platforms you can earn money by completing surveys online.
• Sell unwanted clothes: Consider cleaning out your closet. All those used clothes you do not wear anymore could be turned into cash on apps like Poshmark or in retail stores like Plato’s Closet.
• Donate plasma: Locate a Plasma center near you using a searchable directory. Call the center to find out hours of operation and feel free to ask any questions.
• Babysitting: Care.com is a wonderful website where you can meet parents in need of a babysitter. You can earn up to 100 dollars a night depending on the parents requested pay.
• Sell class notes online: There are multiple websites like OneClass and StudySoup where you can sell your notes online for money.
• Sell your textbooks: Before you go on winter break, sell your textbooks to your campus bookstore or to fellow students on campus.
• Parents: If all else fails, you can always ask your parents for some money. What’s the worst thing they can say?
Joy King is a student at Winthrop University.
Send this page to a friend