Life and Religion
|Charlotte Southern Womenís Show returns Sept. 11 Ė 14|
|Over 350 exhibiting companies to participate|
|Published Thursday, August 14, 2014 11:22 am|
One of the Charlotte area’s signature annual events returns for four days, starting September 11 to the Charlotte Convention Center. This is the second consecutive year that the show, now in its 32nd year, is being held Uptown.
“We’re bringing back all the things our guests love,” said Tish Atkins, executive show manager. “And it’s all under one big roof. The Southern Women’s Show is a tradition for many because it offers the best in lifestyle, health, beauty, family, food and fashion. Women of all ages join us for a show that’s festive, entertaining and inspiring.”
With more than 350 exhibiting companies, attendees can get professional advice on everything from hair care to health care. Ticket prices are as low as $5 with a light rail ticket stub.
A few highlights of this year’s show include:
- Beauty expert Rita Hazan, one of the most sought-after colorists in the world, will be at the show September 12 with her line of hair care products including Root Concealer, a product that covers the gray in between salon color treatments. Hazan has created signature color looks for Katy Perry, Jessica Simpson, Beyoncé, Jennifer Lopez, Michelle Williams and more.
- Nationally known stylist Michael O’Rourke will be on hand each day to offer complimentary haircuts, available on a first-come, first-served basis. O’Rourke believes big hair is back. He says the flat-ironed look is on its way out, and he’s ready to usher in a new era of “pumped-up volume.”
- In addition, Belk will bring beauty experts from Benefit, Lancôme and Clinique to work one-on-one with women on the colors just right for them.
- The Beef Checkoff will offer cooking classes, recipes, activities and games. At the Food Lion Chef Challenge stage, see professional chefs go head to head in the ultimate cook-off. Each hour will bring cooking demonstrations with two chefs sharing tips for easy, affordable, delicious meals, samples and prize giveaways.
- Francine Bryson, author of Blue Ribbon Baking From A Redneck Kitchen (Clarkson Potter, $ 17.99, Sept. 9, 2014) will be at the show Friday and Saturday to sign copies of her cookbook.
- Concord Mills presents Girls’ Night Out (GNO) at the Southern Women’s Show September 12 from 4 - 8 p.m. Guests can enjoy an evening of shopping, entertainment, fashion shows, food and wine from sponsor Turning Leaf Refresh. The first 100 guests will receive a VIP GNO swag bag.
- Dillard’s will bring the best looks for fall to the runway at the Fashion & Entertainment Stage. Apricot Lane and the JLC Wearhouse will also present fabulous fashion finds on the runway.
- The Charlotte Fire Department will feature firefighters in the 14th Annual Firefighter Fashion Show on Friday, Sept. 12 at 7 p.m. and Saturday, Sept. 13 at 6 p.m. See some of CFD’s finest show off the latest in men’s fashion.
- In partnership with the Southern Women’s Show and Vision 2020, women business leaders will share their commitment to empowering and mentoring women at home and around the globe at the 2014 Women’s Inter-Cultural Exchange’s (WIE) Multi-Cultural Conference and luncheon September 11 from 7:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. This year’s theme is Making Our Mark: Women Leading Change around the Globe.
Visit www.southernshows.com for more information.
Send this page to a friend