Arts and Entertainment
|ARTIST CALL: Showcase work at Bearden Birthday Bash|
|Applications due July 18|
|Published Wednesday, June 11, 2014|
Are you an artist looking to showcase your work this summer? If so, here’s your chance. Mecklenburg County Park and Recreation is seeking artists to exhibit their work at the inaugural Bearden Birthday Bash, Aug. 29 – 31 at Romare Bearden Park, located at 300 S. Church Street.
Applications must be completed and submitted to Danielle.Maddox@Mecklenburgcountync.gov by July 18.
Here is some important information to know while applying:
- All work to be exhibited must be original and attributable solely to the display artist. The event takes no commission for any art sales.
- Space size is a maximum of 10’x10,’ and all are outside. Some spaces are back to back. Please specify if your space is designed to be open for walk-through.
- Space Fee: $150 due by August 1
- Electricity is limited and will require an additional $25 fee. Please note on application if electricity is needed.
- Spaces are assigned in the order that fees are paid in full, coupled with spacing of categories.
- Applications must include website information and at least 3 photographs of completed work. You must also include a photo of your booth display.
- Initial acceptance and rejection letters will be mailed 2-3 weeks after the application deadline.
Applications can be downloaded at www.CharMeck.org. Click on the Departments tab. Go to “Park and Rec,” and look for link to information about Romare Bearden Park.
Send this page to a friend