Life and Religion
|14 ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day 2014|
|Love is in the air around the Queen City|
|Published Wednesday, February 12, 2014|
|PHOTO COURTESY OF VISITNC.COM|
|You don't have to wait for summer to spend a romantic weekend at the beach. Wrightsville Beach is an ideal destination for Valentine's Day. Have dinner while taking in the scenic views from the water aboard a heated yacht. Or stay closer to home and enjoy an evening yacht cruise on Lake Norman.|
Love is in the air around the Queen City as Valentine’s Day approaches. Here are 14 ways to enjoy a romantic weekend.
1. Jazz artist and 20-time Grammy Award winner Pat Metheny will perform with his newly-formed Pat Metheny Unity Group on Valentine’s Day at Knight Theater. Visit www.blumenthalarts.org for more information.
2. Have a little opera with your dinner. The Valentine’s Opera and Dinner at Blue Restaurant & Bar, features a four-course meal paired with four acts of opera performances.
3. Head up to Lake Norman and board one of Lake Norman Yacht Charter’s luxury boats for the Valentine’s Day Love on the Lake cruise. Tickets include food, cash bar, entertainment and giveaways. Cost is $49 for singles and $99 for couples. Additional package options, which include drinks and overnight stay at Embassy Suites Resorts, are also available. Visit www.blueprintem.com or call (704) 649-8520 for more information.
4. Plan a memorable weekend away with your sweetheart. Visit the North Carolina coast and spend Valentine’s Day exploring the scenery of Masonboro Island and the Wrightsville Beach Harbor aboard the love boat. Tickets for this romantic cruise include a scenic water tour around the Wrightsville Beach area, beverages, chocolate and goodie bag. Tickets are $25 per person. Visit www.VisitWrightsvilleBeachNC.com for more information.
5. Wine and dine for a good cause at the Mystery Dinner Gala, a charity benefit hosted by the C.H.A.I.N. Fund at the Center Stage in NoDa to raise money to assist cancer patients with household expenses. The night will include food, live music and a theatrical production with suspenseful ending involving the audience. Visit www.TheChainFund.com for more information.
6. Dine on seasonal cuisine with French and Italian influences at The Fig Tree Restaurant at the Lucas House, a historic landmark in the charming Elizabeth neighborhood. Check out the menu at www.CharlotteFigTree.com.
7. Get adventurous with Zipline and Dine at the U.S. National Whitewater Center. Treat your date to a unique experience featuring a nighttime zipline excursion for two as the sun goes down, followed by a romantic fireside dinner with craft beer and wine. Travel a course of five ziplines and two roped bridges before rappelling out of the trees. The zip-line experience is followed by a short hike back to basecamp for drinks and a special dinner prepared by Chef Dave Bettendorf. Cost is $75 per person. Call (704) 391-3900 or visit www.usnwc.org for more information.
GET A ROOM
8. The Blockade Beach Runner Resort in Wrightsville Beach is celebrating its 50th anniversary with a special package Valentine’s Day weekend. The Sweetheart package includes a one or two-night stay with a choice of harbor view or ocean view rooms, a welcome gift, dinner, and breakfast each morning. Visit www.VisitWrightsvilleBeachNC.com for more information.
9. Book two consecutive nights Friday at Beacon House B&B at Carolina Beach and receive a complimentary bottle of bubbly. Reserve three consecutive nights this weekend and receive a complimentary floral arrangement and two free theater tickets to the play “Romantic Comedy.” Visit www.VisitWrightsvilleBeachNC.com for more information.
10. Check in at The Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge, where you will be greeted with champagne and strawberries, and wake up to breakfast in bed, Feel free to sleep in. Late checkout isn’t until 4 p.m. Visit www.TheBallantyneHotel.com for more information.
11. Relax and rejuvenate at the Duke Mansion in Myers Park, which is offering a special romance package this weekend that includes dinner, wine and gourmet breakfast in bed. Visit www.DukeMansion.com for more information.
12. At The Dunhill Hotel in Center City, guests can enjoy an elegant night in Uptown, dine at the McNinch House Restaurant and have a Mayfair breakfast at the hotel the next morning. Visit www.DunhillHotel.com for more information.
13. Not in the mood for love? Head over to the Love Stinks, Let’s Drink: Valentine’s Day Party at Blackfinn American Saloon. (www.eventbrite.com)
14. Or check out the Love Sux: Anti-Valentine’s Day Party at Howl at the Moon (www.howlatthemoon.com).
Send this page to a friend