|Avoid fad diets: Weight loss tips that work|
|Shedding pounds about more than improving looks|
|Published Wednesday, January 22, 2014|
|Tip the scales in your favor by avoiding fad diets, which experts say are destined to fail at achieving long-term weight loss success.|
Losing weight to look good may be a great motivator. An even better motivator is to get healthier, as excess fat tissue breeds inflammation, which can contribute to many debilitating and deadly diseases. And according to many doctors, even just a modest amount of extra weight can be damaging to your health.
When it comes to diets, if you’ve “tried them all” and failed, some experts say that could be part of the problem.
“Most diet books and programs promise a quick fix for weight loss -- for example, avoiding all carbs, eating only raw foods or amping up protein. These fad diets show little respect for the fact that a well-balanced, nutritious diet is critical for our bodies to function properly,” warns Dr. Jennifer Sacheck, an associate professor of Nutrition at Tufts University and co-author of the book, “Thinner this Year: A Diet and Exercise Program for Living Strong, Fit, and Sexy.”
In “Thinner this Year,” Sacheck, along with motivational speaker and co-author Chris Crowley, offer a laymen’s explanation of the science of diet and exercise, believing that if people truly understand what’s going on inside their bodies, then they’re more likely to make long-term lifestyle changes.
“You don’t need a fancy gadget and there is no single magic exercise,” says Crowley. “Health and wellness means a serious lifetime commitment to good nutrition and plenty of exercise.”
With that in mind, the writing duo is offering some tips for losing weight the healthy way and keeping it off for life:
• Make up your mind. Set your goal and go for it. This will mean embracing changes in your habits and routines.
• Exercise for the rest of your life. Stay motivated by keeping things interesting and changing your workout routine periodically. Try new exercise classes or sign up for a big race.
“Exercise works like crazy and it changes lives. Big time,” says Crowley.
• Eat less and be mindful. Don’t “super-size yourself.” At the same time, don’t skip meals. Doing so can lower your metabolism and make you more susceptible to binge eating later.
• Don’t eat “dead food,” -- food that is loaded with calories and offers little nutritional value. Skip or limit refined flour, refined sugar, high fat meat and solid fat. Eat healthy fats in moderation and avoid saturated and trans fat. Likewise, don’t drink your calories. Instead, load up on fruits, vegetables, whole grains, low-fat dairy and lean meats.
• Learn more. Truly understand the changes that are taking place inside your body as a result of your hard work, so you can be motivated to keep going.
Sustainable weight loss is no easy feat, but with motivation, dedication and hard work, you can feel better and live longer. For more tips on healthy ways to lose weight and keep it off, visit www.ThinnerThisYear.com.
|I have struggled with weight all my life and even more after having my 3 children until I changed my diet!|
I have currently lost 29.4kgs in 8 months on the Lose Weight plan I followed to the letter and I have found the diet so easy to follow and stick to and also a bonus as its family friendly and most of the meals have become our weekly family favourites!!!
The exercise routines are so easy to fit into my hectic lifestyle and the Healthy exercises activites I practiced are doing wonders for my fitness and body tone!
I want to lose another 15-20kgs and I know I can do it if I continue to follow my weight lose plan
I don't want to reveal the secret but here is the diet that I stumbled upon by accident,and followed to a tee. It works and easy to follow
Thanks to the great diet plans and workout routines, I'm currently in the best shape of my life and look great. Furthermore, the weight is staying off!
However, remember there are no shortcuts or magical secrets to a great body - it's simply a result of hard-work and not giving up!
|Posted on January 24, 2014|
|I BET A FAT PERSON WROTE THIS ARTICLE YOU BIAS *****|
|Posted on January 23, 2014|
|I love this article. I especially love the don't supersize yourself and don't skip meals. I am losing weight on the RIPPED & RICH program with teh chocolate diet. That really helped me. Check it out at GetRippedandRichNow.com|
|Posted on January 22, 2014|
Send this page to a friend