Life and Religion
|Timeless accessories every woman should own|
|Keep it classy with these five fashionable items|
|Published Monday, January 6, 2014|
As a New Year begins, I am excited to think about all of the fashion and style options that we have to look forward to in 2014. However, as thrilling as this may be, I also believe that the zeitgeist of a few key pieces will never be outdone. Here are the top five timeless accessories that every woman shouldn’t go without.
1. A sterling silver (or gold) watch – A simple watch that is sleek and professional is a great accessory for every woman to own.
Big face watches with lots of glitz are nice to have, but you can’t go wrong with a simple, classic watch that can be paired with almost any outfit. Sometimes when it comes to making a style statement, less is more. For a classic, inconspicuous look choose a watch with a face that measures 30 millimeters or less.
2. A pair of black pumps – Every woman should have a pair of classic black pumps with a heel height of 3–4 inches in her repertoire. That doesn’t mean you should throw out all of your high stilettos. Personally, I love six-inch heels just like the next, but you always need a practical black pump to break out for a sophisticated and refined look.
3. A nice pair of sunglasses – Sunglasses (or sunnies) can be worn year-round; therefore, having a nice pair that will last is a must. Sunglasses don’t have to cost upwards of $100, in fact there are plenty of options out there that will not only fit the frame of your face but the precincts of your pocketbook, especially if you find them on sale. A few years ago, I snagged a pair of Jessica Simpson Sunglasses without paying a whole lot of money. I still own them today.
4. A classic handbag – The trending size of a handbag changes season to season. If you want to own a handbag that is less likely to become dated, purchase one that exemplifies quality with a classic shape. Seek out a sleek black or taupe colored handbag with a conventional top handle and long shoulder strap is a classic design that is both timeless and practical.
5. A pair of diamond earrings – Diamond earrings are versatile and can be worn on either a “basic” or “glamorous” day. They pair nicely with anything from a pair of jeans and a white t-shirt to an awe invoking strapless gown. When it comes to deciding how big or small the diamond should be, go with a size that complements your hairstyle and length and is also proportionate to the size of your ear.
As always, personal preference is a key factor to consider as well. I personally like a diamond that is not overpowering but very chic with great clarity. If you’re looking to really invest in a nice pair of diamond earrings, learn the rules of the five C’s, which are cut, clarity, carat, color, and certification, which represent the quality. A great pair of diamond stud earrings will never go out of style.
Send this page to a friend