Life and Religion
|Evening gowns for the holidays|
|What to look for in formal wear|
|Published Thursday, December 5, 2013 7:15 am|
The time has come when galas and celebrations will wrap up the year and bringing in anew. This means it is time to find the perfect ball gown or evening dress that is just right for you. Here are some tips on what style of dress to look for when shopping for your festive soiree.
1. Shop jewel tones. Jewel-toned gowns are stunning and can be worn by all body types and skin complexions. These earthy tones include richer hues such as lavender, dark green, royal blue, and ruby. Pair a jewel-colored gown with beautiful pearls to add a touch of charm and sophistication to an evening of elegance.
2. Look for a gown that will flatter your assets and minimize areas you are not so fond of. If you feel that you have amazing legs, for example, show them off by wearing a gown that has an exaggerated split. The side split is a great way to bring a little attention to your legs while still looking chic. This dress looks great with an open-toe shoe that straps around the ankle. Just bear in mind the importance of moving with grace and walking with confidence.
3. Be prepared to come across sleeveless dresses that cover the shoulders, upper back, and chest area with a shimmering sheer fabric. You will find that this layer of fabric may also be adorned with lace, pearls or little iridescent beads that add definition and glam to the illusion neckline. Be sure to pair this dress with accenting accessories to really make your eveningwear pop.
4. A sheath-column, one-shoulder gown has a look that is reminiscent of the classic Grecian era. This gown is simplistically stunning. Its ruched bodice is perfect for the woman who is more endowed while the over-the-shoulder strap adds definition and charm to the overall look. When shopping for this style gown, be sure to select a dress size that is not too snug (or loose) in the bust area. Alterations may be required to get the most comfortable fit.
5. A chiffon gown moves effortlessly and is so enchanting. The material is very lightweight, airy, and creates a graceful appearance. You can find this gown hemmed at many different lengths. Whether it’s floor length, knee length, or flows with a train, you will be sure to love this style. Pair your chiffon dress with an over the shoulder silk wrap to stay warm and stylish.
6. Last but not least, choose a classic sequined evening dress. This dress is never dated and you can purchase it in an array of glamorous colors. Black, gold or nude pumps will pair nicely with this timeless gown and as it sparkles, so will you.
Send this page to a friend