|N.C. DOT disparity meeting|
|State agency hosts forum in Cary|
|Published Friday, February 22, 2013 8:42 am|
The N.C. Department of Transportation is hosting a public meeting on its Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprise and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise programs on Feb. 27.
The symposium at Wake Tech Small Business Center in Cary is open to businesses and community members as part of its disparity study process. The Business Center is located at 3434 Kildaire Farm Road.
The study seeks input from firms and community stakeholders on their experiences with DOT and its programs as well as obstacles to inclusion for all vendors.
For information, call Colette Holt & Associates at (855) 692-3529 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women in Leadership symposium
NDC Carolinas will host the 2013 Charlotte Women in Leadership Symposium on March 20 at the Foundation for the Carolinas, 220 N Tryon St.
The symposium brings together successful women leaders to inspire and encourage their peers to advance within organizations.
“We are excited to offer this symposium each year as a way to bring together women of all levels and backgrounds while empowering them to succeed in business, the community, and in their personal well-being,” said Dennis Kennedy, founder and CEO of the Carolinas Diversity Council.
The panelists include:
• Mimi Zelman, Ppresident and publisher at Women with Know How and president-elect, Business and Professional Women NC
• Mina Hunter of Bayer Healthcare Pharmaceuticals, executive sales consultant in Nexavar's Oncology Division
• Janet C. Hart, vice president of public relations and communications at Better Business Bureau of Southern Piedmont
• Jeannene Allen, area human resource director at CVS Caremark Corporation
• Denise Cooper, executive coach and president of Coach HR LLC and
• Karen E. Breach, M.D., a pediatrician at University Pediatrics and president of the N.C. American Academy of Pediatrics.
Registration will begin at 8:45 a.m., and the symposium starts at 9:30 a.m. Tickets are $47 and online registration is at: https://nationaldiversitycouncilregistration.org/cl/wil. If you are unable to pay, or a student, email email@example.com.
Send this page to a friend