The Voice of the Black Community
Micro Brews Tours
Notes | Etc.
August 27, 2014Time:
Location: Show map
U.S. National Whitewater Center
5000 Whitewater Center Pkwy
Enjoy a sunset paddle along the Catawba River followed by a fireside dinner with craft beer tastings.
Each cruise begins with a guided flatwater paddle along the Catawba River. As the sun starts to set on the river, you’ll work your way back to the shore for a chef-prepared, fireside dinner on Hawk Island. Each cruise features a select craft brewery; representatives from the breweries lead the tastings by highlighting new, seasonal and unique brews.
- Wednesday, July 2 – Green Flash Brewing Company
- Wednesday, July 9 – Smuttynose Brewing Company
- Friday, July 11 – Great Divide Brewing Company - SOLD OUT
- Wednesday, July 16 – NoDa Brewing Company
- Friday, July 18 - Natty Greene’s Brewing Company
- Wednesday, July 23 – Olde Mecklenburg Brewery
- Friday, July 25 – Carolina Brewery
- Wednesday, July 30 – Brewery Ommegang
- Wednesday, August 6 - Bell’s Brewery
- Friday, August 8 – Catawba Valley Brewing Company
- Wednesday, August 13 – Highland Brewing Company
- Friday, August 15 – Lagunitas Brewing Company
- Wednesday, August 20 – Unknown Brewing Company
- Friday, August 22 – Wicked Weed Brewing
- Wednesday, August 27 – Duck Rabbit Brewery
- Check-in at Kayak Center: 6:15 p.m.
- Flatwater paddle on the Catawba River: 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Campfire-lit dinner and beer tasting on Hawk Island: 8:00 – 10:00 p.m.
- Price: $55 per person
Tickets: Click on the Microbrews Cruise (see dates above) you’d like to attend to purchase tickets.
Proper attire: Guests should wear clothes that will get wet.
Go Back | Send this page to a friend